A relationship is precisely like a roller-coaster. Even after years of dating, you sometimes find yourself out of love with a person who had been dear to you all this while. It’s a weird situation, but all couples go through this phase at some point in their relationship. It’s bound to happen as, over the years, people change according to their circumstances and experiences. Instead of arguing and being aggressive during such times, it is only wise to ask relationship questions to get clarity of things. You can also use the best pick up lines in between the conversation to make your partner feel good
These Relationship Questions will help you get an idea of your perspective as a couple and help you clear any of your doubts and insecurities. You can ask these relationship questions to know whether your partner is the one, how committed are both of you, your common goals, and other aspects. Every couple is different, and there is some unique and fun side to every relationship. Thus these questions are also curated in a way that all sorts of couples can find their answers. They have been carefully categorized, and each category has relevant questions that you can ask your partner or yourself.
The process of asking these questions will help both of you understand each other better. Even after all these years of staying together, partners might not know about each other’s individual progress and their state of mind. It is then asking such questions that will be helpful. Although the pretext of asking these questions might be serious, relationship questions can be asked at any time you feel is right. For e.g., it can be before going to sleep while both of you have snuggled into each other, on a date night, a casual outing, before sitting to eat. It can be any occasion and time; just make sure that the discussion happens in a constructive way.
Deep Relationship Questions
- What would your ideal wedding look like?
- Do you believe in white lies?
- If you’re having a bad day, would you want me to leave you alone or spend time with you and cheer you up?
- What was the most romantic moment for you in this relationship?
- If you were convinced that I was making a bad decision, what would you do about it?
- Do you believe in God?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Do you think there’s such a thing as “luck,” or do we create our own outcomes?
- If I cheated on you, would you ever forgive me?
- Are you happy with the time we spend together and apart?
- Do you want kids? Why or why not?
- When are you the most “you”?
- How do you think having kids will / has changed our lives and relationship?
- Do you get each other’s feelings without the need to say anything?
- Do the two of you offer sincere apologies if you unknowingly hurt each other?
- Do you believe that good parenting is important in today’s world?
Good Relationship Questions
- What was the biggest lesson from your worst breakup?
- What makes you dislike a person?
- How would you want to spend a special day with each other?
- What do you think would bring us closer together as a couple?
- Do you remember the first thing we said to one another?
- What do you see as your role in our relationship?
- When was the last time you cried and why?
- How much money do we want to set aside for luxuries like date nights and travel?
- What are some of your relationship goals?
- How often do you think of me?
- What do your parents know about me already?
- Would you feel insecure if I spent a lot of time at work?
- What can I do to make sure you feel safe with me?
- What are you not willing to change for a relationship?
- When was the last time I was in your dreams?
- Would you try long-distance if anything happened that required me to move far from here?
Initial Stage Relationship Questions
- What are some annoying habits of other couples that irritate you the most?
- What is your most precious possession?
- Were you “popular” in high school?
- What’s the best relationship advice you’ve received?
- What are three things on your bucket list?
- What’s your ideal way to spend a vacation?
- What luxury do you enjoy treating yourself to?
- Who was your first crush, and what were they like?
- What is the worst thing a past date or an ex could say about you?
- Are you friends with any of your exes?
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
- How old were you when you lost your virginity?
- If money didn’t matter, what would you want to do for a living?
- Have you ever been on a blind date?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had? Or one you’ve had recently?
- Out of the four seasons, which one is your most favourite?
Fun Relationship Questions
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What food reminds you of me?
- Do you like to be surprised?
- If you could go back to any age in your life – which year would you choose and why?
- What animal do you think I’d be?
- Have you enjoyed meeting new friends as a child?
- What were you like in high school?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- What’s the craziest job you’d be willing to take?
- What flavor of ice cream do you like: chocolate or vanilla
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- Which musical artist would you want me to commission a love song from?
- Do you consider yourself an old soul?
- Is there a song that makes you think of me?
- How do you define great sex?
- What extreme adventures would you like to try with me?
Serious Relationships Question
- What life experiences did you miss out on?
- What’s your biggest fear about our relationship?
- Do you think it’s more important to be smart or to be kind?
- Do you hold grudges or forgive easily?
- What if I make more money than you?
- Do you have a personal flaw that you’d fix if you could?
- What is something I could do to make you trust me even more?
- Have you ever cheated on a past partner?
- Did you ever consider a totally different career path?
- Is there a personal goal you’d like to achieve in the next five years or so?
- Is there anything you’ve always wondered about me, but have hesitated to ask?
- How do you think your family and upbringing has influenced the way you see love?
- Do you think we share the same values and morals?
- Are you a competitive person?
- Are you still the same people you were back then?
- Do you think there’s such a thing as a “harmless” lie?
It is not easy to ask relationship questions to your partner, as it takes courage to open up to them. Even tougher are the answers that you might have to go through after asking those deep questions. But if you don’t ask these questions to them now, your relationship might go out of control. Don’t bombard them with these questions; sit and talk softly about the issues. There are no right or wrong answers to these questions. The answers should be your honest views on any question. Try to lighten up the mood by sprinkling a few fun questions here and there. After all, communication and love are the essences of any relationship.